Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is an integral part of the planning and development process. EIA is an iterative process by which the anticipated effects of a proposed development on the environment are assessed and mitigation developed in consultation with the authorities, to inform the decision making process.
The EIA process, in combination with supporting technical assessments and a constantly evolving regulatory framework, can appear complex and confusing. However, if managed and implemented well, it offers an opportunity to enhance the environment, eliminate development risks and enhance reputation.
Waterco specialises in the assessment of the water environment and associated environs and is routinely involved in conducting studies related to Environmental Impact Assessment.
Waterco provides all EIA related services with regards to surface and ground water and the built and natural environment. These include:
- baseline assessments
- water quality monitoring programmes (e.g. chemical, macro-invertebrate)
- Flood Risk Assessments (FRA)
- Water Framework Directive (WFD) assessments
- pre-application regulator consultations
- consultation presentations and reports
- environmental statement preparation
- drainage plans
- Environment Agency H1 environmental risk assessments
- discharge of planning conditions
- Construction Environment Management Plans (CEMP) and post-construction monitoring.